Main Visa Options For Working in Australia – Subclass 417 Visas

This article describes in simple terms the main Australian visas available to a vacation traveler working in Australia. This list is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather a useful summary that provides guidance on some of the main visa options.

Main Visa Options For Working in Australia – Subclass 417 Visas

Understand your options The first step is to rank each visa. Determine if visa is an independent visa option that can be obtained by the applicant alone? Or does the visa require sponsorship from the employer, spouse, family member or government agency for the visa to be granted?

Next, find out if the visa is a visa to stay in Australia permanently or temporarily.

Once visas are classified this way, you can look at the rights associated with each visa to see if the visa will help you achieve your goals of coming or staying in Australia Visa, for example. The visa allows me to work, part or full time, who does what? I can study? Can I live anywhere, etc.?

Classifying visas in this way will allow you to determine the best visa option for you based on your personal goals and circumstances. Available options will vary depending on your skills, work experience, qualifications, financial resources, and / or if you can enlist the sponsor’s support to back you up with your application.

Independent permanent immigration – subclass 175

Specialized general migration – Specific test.

The permanent residence visa (permanent residence) is the most advantageous visa to apply for as it allows you to stay permanently in Australia to live, work, study and obtain Australian citizenship.

To be eligible for permanent residence, you must have formal qualifications and work experience of at least 12 months in your profession or profession within 24 months before submitting your application directly. Before submitting your application, you will need to have your qualifications and / or skills positively assessed by a designated assessment body and earn 120 points for meeting the points test for this visa.

Points are awarded to the applicant on the basis of, among other things, professional qualifications, work experience, age, English ability and working time in Australia. Accurately calculating your points and categorizing your profession correctly is the key to successfully applying for this visa. A mistake in any of these areas often results in the denial of the visa and the applicant, instead of obtaining permanent residence, is forced to leave Australia.

With this visa, you can live and work anywhere in Australia and you are not associated with a sponsor or employer.

If you are seeking permanent residency and are not earning enough points for immigration independently, regional sponsored immigration may be an option to explore after your work visa expires.

Guaranteed Permanent Migration

Generally Sponsored Skilled Immigration: Subclass 176 Visa and Subclass 475 Visa
Again, you must have the qualifications and work experience to be eligible for permanent sponsorship points immigration. However, you will need fewer points, or points earned from your sponsorship, to achieve permanent residency through this flow of visas.

Getting a sponsorship generally means that you have to live and work for two years (as a rule) in an area related to your sponsor. For example, if you are sponsored by a family member, you will have to live in the city or town where you live, and if you are under the care of a state government, you will have to live in that state.

Remember that parts of regional Australia are some of the most beautiful parts of Australia and offer great lifestyles and opportunities for people to immigrate through this flow of visas.

Your immigration attorney or immigration agent should be able to help you obtain state sponsorship or you can apply directly in each country, usually through their websites.

After spending two years working and living in the designated area, you will be able to obtain an unconditional permanent residence visa to move and live wherever you want in Australia.

With temporary care

Sponsored work visa – 457 subclass visa

If permanent residence is not available to you at this time, a temporary work visa may allow you to live and work in Australia until another permanent residence option opens up for you.

If you can’t pass the points test but have qualifications, work experience, and an employer willing to take care of you, this may be the right visa for you.

If you are granted this visa, you will have to work for the sponsoring employer for the period of the visa (usually 4 years) or until the employer terminates their work or withdraws the sponsorship, or both. If this happens, you will generally be given some time to find a new job and a new sponsor to help you apply for a new subclass 457 visa. However, without a sponsor, you will not be able to stay in Australia on that visa.

There are two different stages for this visa application. First, the employer requests approval as a sponsor and, once approved, nominates you for a visa. Then apply for a visa for the specified profession.

To be eligible, you must have qualifications and work experience relevant to the position for which you are being nominated. You must also meet the relevant English language requirements, either by being from an English-speaking country or by taking an IELTS test.

For an employer to be approved as a sponsor, they must employ Australian citizens or permanent residents (at least 2 as a rule), have good financial resources and be able to demonstrate this, and a good training record or commitment to training.

Very new businesses will find it difficult to get approval to take care of employees, but it is certainly not impossible with a well-crafted and comprehensive application.

There are a number of benefits to obtaining sponsorship of a temporary work visa, subclass 457.

After two years on this visa and 12 months with the employer, your employer can directly nominate you for permanent residence – subclass 856. Once granted, you do not need to stay with the employer and you can move to work anywhere. This is the reason why employers often prefer to keep employees on a 457 subclass visa to maintain control of their services, rather than help them obtain permanent residency and lose them to another employer offering more or better money. terms.

Also, after working in Australia full time on this visa for at least 12 months, you will be eligible to earn 10 Australian work experience points, which can give you enough points to apply for permanent residence independently. You can also earn points in other areas due to the passage of time and changes in your circumstances.

Temporary independent

Student visas: full-time study rights and part-time work.

If you don’t have the skills or qualifications, can’t find a sponsor or employer, or want to pursue a new career, student visas are a very good option and may be the only visa option you can consider if you are on vacation. labor. Subclass 417 visa.

Student visas are a good option because international students, after fulfilling the two-year Australian study requirements, are eligible to apply for permanent residence. They will still have to pass the points test, but if they do not have enough points, they can apply for an 18-month temporary work visa with the goal of gaining additional points from Australian work experience, then pass the points test and eventually apply for residency. permanent.

Holders of passports from the UK, Ireland, Canada, and the US, all of which are Tier 1 countries, can apply for a student visa in Australia while on a work and holiday visa, while most others Passport holders must leave Australia to apply. Countries are rated (or ranked) according to the perceived risk that a prospective student from a particular country faces by failing to comply with student visa requirements.

A student visa allows you to study full time and work 20 hours a week during the semester, 40 hours a week during vacation and rest periods. The key to this visa option, if your goal is permanent residency, is to choose a course of study that, once completed, will allow you to apply for a permanent visa with professional qualifications that:

A) provides you with enough points in your circumstances to meet the relevant points test, and b) provides strong employment opportunities in Australia, your home country, or both.

Any good Australian immigration lawyer should be able to give you this kind of guidance when choosing your career.

Spouse Visas: Temporary to Permanent Sponsorship

If you are in a relationship with an eligible Australian citizen, permanent resident or New Zealand citizen, and have lived with them for at least 12 months, you will be eligible to apply for a spouse visa based on your actual relationship. Same-sex spouses can also apply for a mutual accreditation visa. The Immigration Department is very inflexible at this point, and if they do not have 12 months living together as de facto partners, they will not be eligible.

If you are married, you can apply on the basis of marriage. If the visa is granted, you will initially receive a temporary visa for two years. After two years, if the relationship continues and your partner still cares for you, then you will be eligible for a permanent residence visa.

The challenge in successfully applying for this visa is being able to prove that your relationship is real and that you have lived together for at least 12 months prior to the date of your application. This is best accomplished by providing a wide range of documents as evidence, including phone records, emails, leases, home bills, photos, etc. This can be difficult if you are traveling around Australia and living in various locations and arrangements, paying cash for everything with very little via the paper path. Without this paper route, you have little chance of success.

In this case, and if you have no other options, you may consider applying for a possible marriage visa (subsection 300) or marriage. Remember, mere marriage does not guarantee that you will be granted a visa.

The final problem with spouse visas is that if the relationship ends before you obtain permanent residence, so is your right to obtain a visa and stay in Australia on the basis of the actual relationship or marital relationship.

Extending your 12-month Work Leave Visa – Subclass II Work Holiday Visa 417

Most working vacationers are eligible to extend their visa for another 12 months in Australia.

This is accomplished by working 3 months (88 days) in the Australia region (designated postcode regions) in a specific occupation or job. It is now a mistake to use the term “seasonal work” because the list of professions available to work and be eligible to extend your visa is now much broader.

The great benefit of achieving a 12-month extension, in addition to seeing more of Australia, is that it gives you more time to develop other visa options to stay in Australia.

Remember though, if you want an extension, don’t leave it late. You must find work, allow periods when you cannot find work and must complete 3 months and apply for an extension of your work and holiday visa before the first subclass 417 visa expires. Otherwise, you lose the opportunity to obtain a second year on your visa.

About admin

Check Also

Guidance on Australian Visas

Guidance on Australian Visas

Australia has an immigration program to follow under the name of Department of Immigration and …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *